Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How Do I Get My Kids To Eat More Vegetables?

I have been struggling with this particular problem for a while now.  My oldest daughter is a great veggie eater.  She loves lots of veggies, tomatoes, celery, bell pepper, onion and more!  The youngest is my problem child.  I can get her to nibble on lettuce and cilantro, that's about it.  She has a sweet tooth.  She does love fruit though!  Both girls have issues with nuts.  My oldest will eat more than the youngest though.

This is my current solution.  Soups and smoothies!  I blend all my soups so they can't tell what veggies are hidden in there.  They like soup!  Hurray!  I can add lots of veggies into soup.  Smoothies are great ways to "hide" greens as well.  Blueberry, banana, strawberry, & spinach smoothie is so good!  You never know that spinach is hiding inside!  I have to be quick so they don't see me!  ;)

These are my tools.  Soups and smoothies!  No "texture" issues because everything is blended.  No gagging, because they actually like the taste (as long as they don't know what's in there).

Nuts I'm not sure how to deal with that, but I'm working on it.  How do you get your kids to eat veggies?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! We make our own pizzas and I throw veggies into the dough often - and the kids have no idea! And they love homemade pizza :)

    ReplyDelete