Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sandwich Wrap

I've been doing a little sewing.  I love these little sandwich wraps!  My girls got few as gifts last year, and we used them in their school lunches.  This year I decided to make a few.  I'm not selling them, just giving them as gifts.  My little sister is in college and she wanted one when she saw how cute they were.  She takes a sandwich nearly every day to school.  So, of course I had to put her favorite- a butterfly on it!



This is the back side with the Velcro showing.

Top side unfolded.

This picture shows the inside where the sandwich goes.  I needed food grade plastic, and I wanted to reuse something.  So, I saved a chip bag, cleaned it off with soap and water, and cut it to fit.  I used a special foot for my sewing machine to sew the plastic and fabric together to make the sandwich wrap.

You can simply wipe them off with soap and water or if you need a little "extra" cleaning toss them in your laundry on gentle and air dry.  You may have to iron on low to get them smooth again.  Be careful not to melt the plastic insides!

If you want a cute sandwich wrap, you can find them here on Amazon  Wrap and Mat or make your own!  No more plastic baggies!  Plus they make a great place-mat for the kids to set their lunch on.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.5

1 comment: