Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Fresh food straight from the Earth.  That's the way I enjoy it the most.  Ever bitten into a warm tomato, or sun ripened berry picked straight from the plant?  It is the most delicious thing you will ever taste.  My red onions are blooming above.  

Here my little yellow squash are getting bigger.  Soon they will be ready.

I have tons of beautiful green tomatoes on my plants.  We harvested only a few so far.  This cool, wet spring is great for my garden.


We have harvested about 4 little cucumbers so far.  They are sweet and perfect for salads.  No bitterness, I'm so glad.


And here is my trusty owl.  His job is to keep the birds out of my garden.  I have placed pinwheels (you can see them behind the owl) and garden icicles around the garden to try and scare the birds away.  It seems to be working.  I have to keep my owl friend moving, or my little friends might catch on that it's not a real one.
blessings, Rachel

1 comment:

  1. My garden is pitiful! :( Not nearly as beautiful as yours! Helps that you have lots and lots of room to spread out, I'm sure!

    Love the owl!

    ReplyDelete