Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Juxtaposition- Rachel's Urban Farmhouse

The word juxtaposition means a side by side comparison and contrast.  I love these!  Urban Farmhouse, is so me. Let's break it down, Urban meaning city, and  Farmhouse meaning a house on a farm.  I'm not actually on a farm, but I do live in an old home built around 1880, that was once a farmhouse.  The land around it once was farmland, and now is a neighborhood.  We are blessed to still have a large lot - almost an acre.  Even more personally, I am a country girl at heart, living in the city.  I am the way I am, because God has shaped my life, my heart and soul.  He is so good to me on so many levels.  I look forward to sharing this with you on this new blog!


I try to live naturally, eat healthy, love others as God loves us, care deeply, and be the best (although sometimes I'm the worst!) that I can be.  I believe in Jesus as my personal savior and I believe He has a plan and a purpose for my life.  I am a recovered alcoholic and I have been totally delivered by His grace from that addiction.  I have been sober since 2001.  I attend church regularly, I go to bible study, I listen to Christian radio, I serve in a MOPS ministry, and my husband and I volunteer in a marriage ministry called Retrouvaille.  I am a stay at home mom.


I grew up to appreciate the beauty and wonder of nature.  I believe in living life more simply, making special moments to enjoy, and cherishing friends and family.  I believe in stewardship-taking care of the blessings God has given us.  I believe the Earth we live on is a gift from God, a home away from our heavenly home we will someday reside in.  I deplore human suffering.  If you want to learn more, grow with me, and share your stories, please visit me here!  Some topics I want to cover in this blog are gardening, healthy eating, parenting, marriage, the love of Jesus, stewardship, and more!


I hope and pray this blog will help connect me to others that embrace the same ideals that I do, and cause a ripple of positive awareness around us.



No comments:

Post a Comment