Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day

What did you do for Earth Day?  Did you recognize it?  I celebrated it with my girls.

I went on a field trip with my youngest daughter.  We had such a blast together!   I got to meet her friends, play with her and eat lunch together.   I would post some pics, but well, I just don't like putting my girls on the internet.  So, I'll just tell you about that.  :)

My sister in law gave each of them a water bottle sling for Easter and we used them both for the first time yesterday.  They worked so well!!  My little one "A" managed to hold on to it for most of  the day and my oldest "G" said it worked great for her too!

They both brought their lunch to school. "A" had to anyway, because of the field trip and all.  This prevented them having  to throw a styrofoam tray into the trash- as they do every time they eat at school.  I just packed a water for each of them in their lunch.  They don't really need juice or milk.  They can have that at home with dinner and breakfast.  Plus what I pack is usually much healthier than what they get at school, no offence to the ISD, but I usually cook from scratch, and what I make/buy is mostly organic.

My oldest "G" had an after school field trip yesterday too!  She went to the local University's garden.  She is in the Garden Club.  She had a great time, and I love that she is getting reinforcement about how gardening can be fun.  Composting and such, is the norm around our house.  :)

After "A's" field trip I was downtown, and before I got my car out of the parking garage (they wouldn't let parents ride in the bus).  I stopped at a local coffee joint and ordered up a organic cuppa joe.  I brought my reusable cup with me (I actually had to go run and get it from the car).  Here is my cuppa, as I'm relaxing outside under the awning while it gently sprinkles.  Thank you God for little moments of peace in our hectic world.


No comments:

Post a Comment