Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shine Your Light So All Can See It...


My daughters and I decided to "Shine our light" and we came up with this little project.  We had some leftover peanut-butter crackers, granola bars and such from the last Retrouvaille weekend.  What to do with the leftovers?  We decided to make goodie bags for the homeless.  I don't usually give money to the homeless because I don't want to contribute to supporting a drug or alcohol problem.  Sometimes I give away a cupcake or banana, to show them God's love and encourage them.  This time we decided to do these goodie bags.  The girls were very excited about them!


I found this picture of a cross made of hands on the web.  I love it!  It was just what we need to make a note for the paper bag.  Then the girls wrote a message on the back of the picture.  


I am currently reading a book called "The Cause Within You" and it's about the man who pastor's the Dream Center in LA.  It's very inspirational, and God uses his church to turn lives around.  From hopeless and homeless, to hope.  I'm not ready to do that, but it does inspire me to not give up, but to continue sewing seeds in my backyard.

I love this song by the David Crowder Band. I hope it inspires you!


I know we have to be careful about sharing videos, not to infringe on copyrights, and I believe this is a illegitimate video that I can share legally with all of you.  


Have a blessed day!  Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment