Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fourth Of July~ Fun and Frazzled


    Well, the fourth of July was an interesting weekend for us!  It started out Friday with me dropping a very large heavy jar of  kefir on my toe.  Not a fun day.  I had a cake to bake!  I didn't have time for this!  Oh, dear.  I was in a ton of pain, and I asked my husband to take me to the Dr.  So, being the great husband he is, he did.  Yep.  It was broken.  They gave me some shots and some pain pills to help.  The Dr. warned me "if you over do it, it's going to hurt much worse when that shot wears off."  Ok! Ok! So, I had to call my friend who was waiting on her cake, and let her know it wasn't going to happen.  :(  This was very hard for me, I stick to my commitments!!  I called another bakery to get her a cake.  She was so sweet and said not to worry about it at all, she could get another cake.  Oh, thank goodness she was so nice about it all!!  Thank you Jesus!!
     On Saturday, we went to the TX Coast.  It was HOT, but fun and the girls had a blast!  They were making sand castles, finding shells along the shore, and jumping in the waves.  I was sitting in the shade, resting my foot, (taking my pain meds), and enjoying myself by watching their antics.
     On Monday, we decided to take the ferry ride to the island, and just as we were approaching the turn off, we were hit from behind!  A big 250 Ford Truck with a grill, hit us.  We were stopped in the street, waiting for the car in front of us to turn left, when he hit us.  Turns out it was a young guy about 17.  His mom drove up behind us and we all waited for the police to show up.  I was just so thankful everyone was ok.  My heart was pounding!  Wow, that was a close one.   We ended up driving to a car wash and vacuuming up the glass that was all over our minivan.  We made the best of the situation: we went on the ferry, made a quick stop at the island, and headed home.  We made it back home just before dark.  
Thank you God for your protection!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment