Well, I just have to tell you, I've been making smoothies for breakfast almost everyday. I just love them! So when we went and stayed w/my SIL last week she showed me her Magic Bullet.
Pretty cool folks, pretty cool.
Here we are at my SIL Carolyn's house. This is her nifty Magic Bullet. She had us taken care of every morning. Now, I do have a very cute picture of her making smoothies in the morning with her pj's on, but I won't put that up here. I want her to still talk to me later, so we will just skip that.
This is where it gets fun folks. I loved the way the Magic Bullet helps keep portion sizes in order. I always make enough food for an army, this is one of the hazards of growing up with a large family. If only two people are having a smoothie, you don't actually need enough to feed an army. Weird right?
The next thing is, I don't actually need a Magic Bullet. I have a very nice Vita-mix that I just got this year, after 5 years of politely asking for it from my husband. It does an awesome job of pulverizing any smoothie. A VERY good thing if you know my littlest daughter's food texture issues.
Not to mention, it is a snap to clean. I love it!
So, this is what I came up with. Just portion the smoothies out in the glasses I intend to serve in. One for me and one for my 6 year old. Fill them up and pour into the Vita-mix. Pulverize, or blend (hehehe), and
Voila! The perfect sized smoothie!! I know, this is not a complicated thing for most people but seriously, I usually make the ENTIRE blender full and then I have leftovers. Leftover smoothies are not easy to store. Fridge, Freezer?
My Peach Berry Banana Smoothie
(thanks Carolyn for sharing your smoothies with me!)
What goes in:
1 (split) Fresh Organic Banana (great source of potassium, and helps with leg cramps at night or from working out)
2 or 3 (fresh picked) Frozen Peach Halves (fresh produce picked at the peak of the season is packed full of nutrients)
Small handful of Frozen Organic Blueberries (great source of antioxidants)
Lg Spoonful of Fat Free Greek Yogurt (Greek God's is my favorite. It provides protein, calcium, and great probotics for digestion.)
Fill Glasses half full of milk- I use Dyer Dairy Raw Milk (this still has the enzymes and helps with digestion)
Teaspoon (or to taste) of Raw Honey (sweetens, boosts your immune system, and helps with allergies)
1/2 scoop of Organic Cold Milled Flax (vegetarian source of heart healthy Omega3's)
Piece of Acai from a frozen smoothie pack. (another great source of antioxidants and natural energy)
I always feel so good after having a smoothie. I love the natural energy I get after I drink one! Real food, just the way God designed, to nourish our bodies. Be healthy and enjoy!
Blessings, Rachel

You are so cute Rach, I love you! This is a perfect way to mimic what the Magic Bullet does for me by portioning out the ingredients. If I had thought of that before when I was using my blender, I might not have bought the Bullet! LOL
ReplyDeleteLooks pretty yummy!
ReplyDeleteWe have the off brand version of the magic bullet and Randy loves it for his protein shakes.
I like your recipe idea! It makes me want to make a smoothie right now!
ReplyDelete