Life is hectic, and hard sometimes. These past few weeks I've been running from one thing to another. Lack of sleep and taking care of my family.
My husband broke his ankle two weeks ago and has been on crutches. He is not allowed to put any weight on his ankle because it's a weight loading fracture. Although he has a boot, he can't stand with it.
We recently purchased a rental house (next door to ours), a triplex, and we were working on fixing up the empty units. We got one finished and have another one to complete. That is how my sweet hubby hurt himself. He was up on a ladder and fell to the concrete floor. Crunch went his ankle. He crawled home, I was baking in the kitchen. Oh dear! He is so sweet, he waited for me to finish up and I took him to the Emergency Center. They took some x-rays but did not find a break. That was on a Saturday. Monday we went to the bone Dr. He actually could "read" the x-ray, and found a fracture. He knew it was a weight loading fracture the way it broke and gave my hubby the bad news that he would be on crutches only for the next 3-4 weeks. Good and bad news. Kevin won't be able to travel this month and had to cancel all his trips. That part is good for us, but hard on him. So, I've been busy taking care of him.
I've also been busy with PTA T-shirt sales, Membership, and Volunteer forms. Not really too much, but it is time consuming. Working on the triplex (painting, refurbishing the flooring, etc), add to that making cakes, MOPS responsibilities, being a Mom, and now taking care of my poor hubby. Last week I felt the world was spinning out of control. I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders and overwhelmed with my responsibilities. Two weeks of nonstop demands on my time and energies. My extended family had a crisis last weekend, and it added more emotional stress to my growing pile. I was staying up late to finish what I needed to do. I was tired, drained, and feeling exhausted, both physically and emotionally. With God's help, I was able. I was able to make it though without a a major melt down (just a little one about 4 am in the morning on Thursday). I got some sleep on Friday night, just in time for my youngest daughter to get sick yesterday- Saturday (the puking kind of sick). She, of course, woke up in the middle of the night last night, after puking on her bed, and came to me. I sent her to the guest bed. I woke up to clean her sheets this morning, and give her a bath. Were we going to church today? No, that wasn't going to work. I'm so thankful for live-stream. I needed to hear the message today, a fresh word from God.
As we were getting ready to sit down to listen to the message, my little one puked on the kitchen floor. Not just once, but 3 times. I asked her to go to the toilet, and after the 2nd time, not as nicely. "Go!" I yelled. She ran, but it was too late. The damage had been done. The floor smelled, and was covered in puke.
I looked at the floor, picked up a cloth and got to work. I could hear Pastor Joe in the background giving his message. Praying for God's people. I remembered, God cleans up our messes. Sometimes He probably yells "Go! Do as I say!! Stop making this mess!!" but, He faithfully cleans up after us, loves us anyway, and encourages us to try harder next time. I went into the bathroom, kissed her on the head, and spoke sweetly to her, asked her to wash her face and rinse her mouth out. I'm so thankful for His grace and mercy. I sure do need it.
Have a blessed day!!
Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is so sweet. The more we recognize and realize we are sinners the more we can understand how much God loves us and how much he did to rescue us. You are in a wonderful place today. Love you.
ReplyDelete